The Chronicles of Josue
(and Andres and maybe some other people)

Discipline

Posted at 12:31 AM
For graduation, my mother gave me this neat little book....



It is meant to be used, side by side with the bible. On one of the pages on Discipline, it gave me the verse 1 Corinthians 9:24-26


24
Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may obtain it. 25 And everyone who competes for the prize is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a perishable crown, but we for an imperishable crown. 26 Therefore I run thus: not with uncertainty. Thus I fight: not as one who beats the air. 27 But I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified.

I myself should become disqualified..... dang......

I love how it says "bring it into subjection".

Think about that.
0 comments